Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Camps for Sale or Lease - Eastern U.S.
10/12/20 06:45 PM
Hi,

I would like to buy a property that is already zoned for a camp in New York. I would like to expand a current program I have for special needs individuals to an overnight summer camp.

Thank You
0 171 Read More
10/07/20 01:42 PM
We may have a fit for you.
Because we operate a going concern (and are very mindful of that), we need to be circumspect in disclosing information regarding the camp.  That said, please see below for some general information:We are in the Midwest US, within two hours' drive of airports in Chicago and Madison.  The property is over 125 acres, and includes a 1200-square-foot house on the property.The camp can accommodate 200, and has a 5-acre lake suitable for canoeing, paddle boarding and lake play, and a pool, which has been recently renovated.   The infrastructure is in good condition, including a relatively new, oversized septic system.We are on private wells (there are two--one for "upper camp" and one for "lower camp" including the camp house) and septic. 
It has been and continues to be a fully-operating summer camp. There are not really any competing camps in the area.The last property-only appraisal was 15 years ago at $1.4 million; annual revenue has increased over 70% since then.  Total revenue for 2019 was about $381,000 (with potential to grow towards $1 million within 5 years).  In selling the camp, we would be selling the property and business, including camper registrations.For 2019, there was about $125-$150,000 annual earnings on income.
Annual real estate taxes are less than $16,000.
All county, state, and federal permits and certifications are current.
There is no pending litigation against the camp.We are looking to sell because I'm not getting any younger!Our website info, including photos of the camp/grounds is available, subject to receiving a signed NDA.
The ideal timeline to sell is within 6 months - 2 years.  
Next steps: (1) What's your camp interest story?(2) Please send along general information showing your financial capability to pursue a camp purchase.(3) I'm happy to answer other questions if I can; if there are further pressing questions that I can't otherwise answer, we would have to enter into a NDA.  Feel free to email ponderingcampsale@gmail.com. 
Thanks! 
Peace
8 3,100 Read More
10/06/20 06:40 PM
Hi all,

My fiancée and I are lifelong campers and counselors, and we'd like to own and operate our own overnight camps in New England and/or the Mid-Atlantic. Do you know of any that are interested in raising money or up for sale?

We started this process in December, 2019 before the world turned upside down and raised money to invest in camps. These past few months have really reinforced for us the importance of spending our lives on a worthy cause, and we believe that creating moments of achievement and fostering lifelong bonds in the great outdoors is a worthy pursuit. If you know of any or are interested yourself, we'd love introductions and to begin a conversation about potentially partnering together.

Looking forward to meeting,
Connor
0 74 Read More
09/23/20 10:16 PM
please call me i like to come look at it. i have been looking in this area and already sold my home and ready to buy.
thanks mike
2 1,191 Read More
Camps for Sale or Lease - Western U.S.
09/23/20 05:32 PM
Hello,

My name is Dave Barth and I started Run for Fun Camps 11 years ago in Palo Alto, CA. We offer after school programs, summer day camps and a few weeks of traditional overnight camps as user groups at pre-existing camps. Our community is looking for a permanent home for our overnight camps and we think we have stumbled upon a gem.

We have identified a wonderful property in the Donner Summit, 30 miles from Lake Tahoe, that is meant to be a summer resident camp for kids. It has lake front access and plenty of buildable land. I am looking for partner(s) or investors on this venture. I have done a good amount of ground work on this project and am happy to share more details upon request. Estimated cost to open our doors would be $4,250,000.

My team and I operate what I would consider to be a classic kids resident camp. We are non-denominational and look to serve all members of the community and are dedicated to, providing safe, inviting and inclusive environments for ALL people regardless of race, religion or creed.

Interested camp directors, partners, investors would need to enter with a minimum of $1,000,000 of capital ready to invest. If interested I would welcome an e-mail or phone call.

Hope all of you are having an awesome day so far!

Warmly,

Dave Barth
e-mail: dave@runforfuncamps.com
c: 650-823-5167
0 205 Read More

Message Board Rules

Page Time: 0.010s Queries: 6 (0.005s) Memory: 2.7856 MB (Peak: 2.8312 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2020-10-21 04:20:30 UTC