ACA Home
It really is Paradise: Paradise Springs at Big Rock Creek, located in Valyermo, 80 miles from downtown Los Angeles, LAX, beach communities and 20 million campers. This place is ridiculous! I'm the expert 'cause I've lived and worked here for 36 years. My first job was snack bar manager; at age 10 I invented the boutique burger. As often happens, the owners have grown old and after 36 years of stewardship, it is time to move on. The private property is surrounded by the Angeles National Forest and the newly dedicated San Gabriel Mountains National Monument. You know what that means? No one can build around you...but you can. Less than 1/10th of the property is developed and flexible multi-use zoning allows for continued use as a camp, county club, golf course, private estate, residential development, college campus, hunting camp or game preserve. If you're really interested you'll probably look at a satellite view of the property before you schedule a tour. From space the property looks dry and brownish-red, perhaps umber-ish, burnt umber-ish if you want to jump the shark. If you want to know what it's really like, dump a bucket of water on your computer. If you are fortunate enough to own a U.S. Geological Survey map from 120 years ago you will find "Paradise Springs." That's right. The property is named after the natural springs. As of yesterday, July 5th, the springs produced in excess of 1,000,000 gallons per day. I know...I counted them. If it weren't for those pesky confidentiality agreements, I'd let you know what one of the leading bottled water companies thinks of our source, including the quote, "It is the best privately owned source in the San Gabriel mountains." The fish, the apple trees, apricots, cherries, pears, poplars, sycamores, Coulter pines, toads and a solitary turtle enjoy the water greatly, and there's plenty left over. I don't mean to imply that the turtle isn't happy. I think this was his/her personal choice. So, this place is ridiculous. Come see it. My name is Jonathan. Most likely I'll be your tour guide but you have to go through our realtor. We are listed at $3.4, though by some accounts the property is worth 16 times that amount. Although we stopped operating last December, our business website remains. Look us up at: paradisespringsbrc.com You'll get a good idea of what we've done over the past decades. There is also a link at the top of the page to our listing. (Check out the history link. Movie stars I tell ya, movie stars!)

Best, Jonathan
© ACA Message Boards