A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Smudge
 Originally Posted By: Rosethorn
No one cares about your feelings, Torch. You like it.

Thats mean Rose!

Our camp has a history of feigned insensitivity to our campers' emotions. You like it.
So, Torch, is that 4 sets of chopsticks, or just 4...chopsticks? As in, like, 2 pairs? Oh man, I hope chopsticks are the toilet paper rolls of this summer. They'll be a lot easier to store.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think she meant 4 sets. Because she had 4, then there were two snaps, and then there were only 3. Ah, I'm thinking 4 sets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
indigo is right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Smudge
No one cares about your feelings, Torch. You like it.

Thats mean Rose!

Our camp has a history of feigned insensitivity to our campers' emotions. You like it.
So, Torch, is that 4 sets of chopsticks, or just 4...chopsticks? As in, like, 2 pairs? Oh man, I hope chopsticks are the toilet paper rolls of this summer. They'll be a lot easier to store.

And you guys keep trying to get me to come and work there! hehe!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heh. It definitely helps if you can appreciate the fine art of the insult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hehe!

I can prob manage that - I mean I will have another year to practice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just so everyone knows, Brooke is back on the hiring path... I found 2 e-mails from her today, asking for camp names to match real names of former WITs, and asking who I thought would make a better counselor among two of them (I won't mention names, but I'll hope I made the right choice. Torch, you weren't one of them).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good! I hope she calls me soon. I'm still not official lol! And I wanna get planning!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
councillll, why you gotta play us like this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks for that parantheses Indigo-ooh i would really like to know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well she's apparently checking with Smiles before she makes the calls. It'll be soon now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
guys!!!! we got hired!

ok, so here's the dl:
i am program director
starla is business manager
and our friend STRETCH (who we know from school) is camp director!

yayyyyyy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, congratulations! That's such great news! Yay!!! It sounds like you guys have a great summer coming up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh, ps, smudge, where are you? you should send the tuckaho people on the camp america boards to this thread. (http://www.campamerica.co.uk/members/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8891&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=de69cf57681b8d75966bacada5f7d72b)

(tuckaho is in the same girl scout council as cedarledge, btw. i would start a new thread, but it would be more fun to let this one just get epically gigantic.)

Last edited by Clementine; 02/04/09 11:26 PM.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hooray for Clement and Starla!
So I found out my manager who is my third reference hasn't sent in my form yet. Grrr... But once she gets that in, hopefully Brooke will make it official!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We could for sure have some Tuckaledge (or Cedarho!) love on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: Clementine
oh, ps, smudge, where are you? you should send the tuckaho people on the camp america boards to this thread. (http://www.campamerica.co.uk/members/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8891&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=de69cf57681b8d75966bacada5f7d72b)

(tuckaho is in the same girl scout council as cedarledge, btw. i would start a new thread, but it would be more fun to let this one just get epically gigantic.)

Will see what I can do - cos I am not doing camp this summer offically I cant use the CA forum - however they did say that I could come on so will check it out later for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sweet, thanks!! \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,

My name's Louise (Camp Name: Hathi) from the UK. Hopefully will be in Missouri via Camp America to work this summer. Brooke emailed me and asked if I was interested in Cedarledge but then also asked if I would prefer Tuckaho.

So I'm a little bit undecided.

They both look like fantastic camps but was wondering whether you could give me a little background information about what its like working there...

Any help in this decision would be greatly appreciated!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Hathi! I am sure you will have an awesome time at either camp, so there's really no wrong decision. Do you know what position you would have? Lifeguard, unit leader, something else?

While I'm working at Tuckaho this summer, I have only worked at Cedarledge in the past. Tuckaho's setup is completely different this year versus other years, so I don't know (at this point, at least!) how well I'll be able to describe the camp (seeing as I haven't been there since 2000 when I was a camper. :))

Here are some differences I can think of off the top of my head:
-Cedarledge has an equestrian center, and horse programs are really popular there. -Tuckaho has an outdoor adventure course (aka ropes course.)
-Cedarledge has 3-day and 1, 2, and 4-week sessions. Tuckaho mainly has 3-day and 1-week.
-Cedarledge has tons of different programs running at one time- so different living units have different programs- for example, one unit might be a horse program, another an arts and crafts program, another a water program, etc. At Tuckaho, aside from the 3-day sampler programs and a few others, all girls are there for the same program. So one week we have sports camp, the next week we have arts and crafts, etc.
-Adult and senior girl scout volunteers are a really important part of Tuckaho. Tuckaho will have staff that is there for the whole summer, but also volunteers that come for one or two sessions. Cedarledge might also have volunteers, but there will likely be many more at Tuckaho, because this is the first time they have had paid staff at all!
-Cedarledge is bigger and more hilly. Basically any hike you take at Cedarledge (aside from creek walks) is uphill. \:\)

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask here or IM me (my aim is yadumbhotel) or facebook me (Sarah Christiansen, I'm in the Missouri network.) There are a ton of Cedarledge people on this board, as you can see, and they'd all be more than happy to talk about camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
also! if you go to this link you can find tons of information about what programs are offered at each camp: http://www.girlscoutsem.org/pubs/agss/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAthi which ever camp you choose you will have an awesome time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Clementine,

Thanks for messaging back!

As far as I know I'll be there as a general counsellor. Thanks for your information it helped a little bit. Cedarledge sounds a lot like my old camp in that it offers lots of different activities at one time plus horses (which I love!)

I've just emailed Brooke with my decision so fingers crossed. You never know, we might be meeting soon!

Hathi
x

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was your old camp?

And did you use CA last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Woot for Cedarledge! It's a merry old land...
Can't wait to meet you! It seems like it's coming up so fast! Eek!

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard