Rate Thread
Page 2 of 35 1 2 3 4 34 35
M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
When you say your camp address it ends with Camp name Rd

You have a collection of yearbooks either paper or Video/DVD

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I meant to say - that is a very impressive list Melk!

When your fav songs are about hippos and candy and chocolate chip cookies

When you have tried to raost twinkies (yes i have tried that and they aren't nice!)

When you have friend on every continent except antartica

When you miss camp soo much you could cry

When you own your own life jacket

When you have been the Dr for bug bites and been on meds for tick bites

When you have a camp name that has become your user name for many things

When you have a collection of bears with shirts with camp names on them

When you have filled your CD's yurt with over 400 balloons

When you yearn to drive a camp van (even though you cant actually drive!)

When play marco polo in walmart

When give bubbles to people who have had bad days

When own numerous screen printed T-shirts and a pillow case screen with Top 10 ways you know your a Chenoa staff - and you use it at home.

When your hand bag is a backpack and it contains things like sun screen, a rubber chicken, crayola makers, secret buddy gifts - to give and that have been recieved, and end of summer SB projects instead of mobile phone, make up. wallet etc!

When you get upset cos you cant get access to the CA forums abd website to see what is happening with you app. - even though you know thing will have changed since you checked it a few hours previously.

When your collection of game books seems to double every year.

When it takes you months to get used to talking about ?'s not $'s and still find yourself doing so!

When you know that you are going to get sick from the food but go to camp anyway.

When you have spread rubber chicken appreciation through out the CA world.

When you have been quoted in the CA broachure.

Last edited by Smudge; 02/11/08 10:37 PM.
M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
At my Wal-Mart I can do marco polo because the store down there is so big

When the locals know when camp is in session when we take the short cut though the gate and they realize that we are "escaping" camp and not pissing in the woods

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the WalMart employees know who the camp staff are, just by the smell of them...

When you check the regular mail at home everyday to see if anyone has written you a letter lately, only to find junk and bills.

When you appreciate sleeping in, even if its only for another 15 minutes.

When you celebrate the fact that you are a 'Top Poster' on a cmap forum. ;p

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
when you look back at half the old topics to see if anything is interesting or helpful! It is also considered great fun, and one of the best ways to procrastinate homework!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The walmart that we went to was always so large, that they never know who we were. But, we visted the town surely enough.

Sleeping in for another 10 minutes in absolutely so much appreciated. I loved whenever the morning swim was cancelled. It meant another 30 minutest of pure bliss.

Your CD knows more about your medical history than most people who know in "real-life."

You have ventured to a hospital 500 miles over with your CD.

Whenever, you are campsick, you put on your staff shirts and listen to certain songs.

*You cried the ENTIRE way home on the flight... the ENTIRE way. Not only cried, but bawled. The airline attedants are shocked and offer you comfort and many drinks. (They entire airplane starred at me..)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor twirlonwater!

When you have been to a midnight book release party and then gotten up at 7.30 to start work (one of the interns got my campers up as a thank you for picking up her copy so I had a whole extra 30 mins in bed)

When you spend the off season looking for secret buddy gifts.

When random guys join in with walmart marco polo.

When you have to hide your rubber chicken from your dog so that it is safe and usable for camp.

When you have been to the ER in 2 states - which is as often as you had been to the ER in your entire life until you started working at camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When your keys have a pocket knife, nail clippers, a rubber chicken, and purell.

When going out consists of Wal-Mart and McDonald's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well both said...

Seeing a camper smile makes all the hardwork worth it.

Going without showering is normal.

^^completely agree... leaving the camp just to go to Walmart is like going into a new world...and any food that isn't camp food is amazing...

You use your cell phones in Walmart to find each other... probably due to the lack of using them during camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when random guys join in with walmart marco polo games.

when half the camp staff have invaded a local resturant.

when you buy game books from a guide store - not for your brownies but for camp!

When you buy a bike specifically so that it can improve your chances of getting the program you really want during the summer!

When you get into the "real" world and struggle to get used to a ssmall hand bag

when your rubber chicken has tried to make a bid for freedom in aan airport xray machine!

when you take a shower wearing flip flops

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
when you have problems thinking of references for camp, but never have any problems thinking of references for out of camp jobs applications!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonalds is "real" food, lol

Wal-mart trips are a big deal

The camp phone number and address are burned into your brain, you can recite them very easily

You can't go anywhere without wanting to do buddy checks and count and double-count your friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you are still struggling to remember that prices are in pounds not dollars

when your conversation regularly revolves around camp

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
When you think of fast food and restruant food as real food

When you know the layout of the Wal-Mart and Target and Mall near camp better then the same ones near home

When you know the prices of stuff near camp better then home

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you have a hoarse voice, but will sing the chicken song at the top of your lungs, just so your side can win.

When you refuse to use fire starter or fire cheats for cookouts.

When you know that pretty much any food can be turned into trail mix.

When you don't feel well at home, you reach for a water bottle, rather than the tylenol or whatnot.

When you find joy in many-colored duct tape, nalgene, carabiner, etc. displays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When even at home you are wearing camp cloths

When you are doing odd jobs around the house to earn money to spend in ou Trading post.

When you end up not having to pay for bus fares to church one sunday and instead of thinking about what you can buy with it - you change it into dollars!

When you think that trash bags are suitable wet weather gear!

Last edited by Smudge; 02/13/08 03:30 PM.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When jumping into muddy puddles is a completely appropriate form of exercise.

When the kool-aid is slightly less-watered-down, and is gone in the first 5 minutes of lunch.

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Your lucky the Kool0aid last 5 minuites.... at my last camp its gone within 1 min

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your English teacher knows everything that has happened to you over the Summer, because you wrote every single journal about camp. You did this because it was the fall and you were missing camp so badly, that it was the only thing on your mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
poor twirl!!!!!!!!

When you are trying to plan what to take to camp now

when you buy a book of games for brownies and are already planning how to adapt them for camp!

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
when you decide that making (and then buying) "camp geek" shirts would be an appropriate and totally acceptable and amazing use of your time and money! And you might even splurge and get it professionally done! Go Camp Geeks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking about getting one done professionally too - there is a shop in my local town that print T-shirts!

Yeah the camp geeks! Oh now that is an idea for the thread!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you have contacts in your phone book that require explaining anytime anyone who doesn't know you too well looks through your phone...ex: Chocolate? Beaner? Daisy? What kind of people do you talk to!?!?

When you have multiple items emblazoned with your camp name, and when worn in public, you get strange looks and revel in them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you are sitting typing this wearing a camp T-shirt

when you cant go more than 2 days without wearing one (and thats only cos i dont have any that are appropriate to wear to church).

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
Whn you think of your music collection and you divide it into camp and non camp appropiate

you do the same for your DVD collection

you have two Shirt piles- camp and everything else

Page 2 of 35 1 2 3 4 34 35

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard