Rate Thread
#126911 11/25/14 06:04 PM
F
Flapjack
Unregistered
Flapjack
Unregistered
F
I was wondering if anyone runs both residential youth camps and family programs at their camp in the same summer. I'm a new camp director and I'm examining our standing protocols to see if they can be adjusted to better suit our campers and families who attend. Do you require that medications be administered by your camp nurse at family camps? Do you perform health checks at family camp? ACA regulations are fairly vague when it comes to any programs that aren't specifically residential or day camps so I would be curious to hear how other camps are managing medications when a parent or designated guardian is present.

C
50 to 100 posts
50 to 100 posts
C
I work at a family camp as the chef. All of our sessions except two are for families. We only have two kid-only sessions each summer. During family camps, the camp does not administer medication. The nurse only administers meds for the kids camps, must like a traditional children's summer camp. We maintain a nurse (or other health care person) on staff throughout the summer. I believe that is California state law.

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard