#15902 02/24/03 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Canuck:
I know that nothing I can say will change your mind, but I just wanted to let you know that you will be missed.

I totally understand and relate with your feelings of being angry with others on this board judging you for what you write, I feel the same way.

I hope that at no time I caused you insult or injury, and if I did I do apologize.

I will be waiting your return, until then, I remain your Sweet Pea from the Northwoods.

#15903 02/24/03 08:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone who religiously reads but sporadically posts here, I want to tell you, Canuck, that I don't consider any of your views "warped." I've always liked reading what you have to say about the issues on which I don't post. There are some people on here whose posts I skip over, and you're definitely not one of them. I'll miss hearing your side of arguments, and I'm sorry that the discussion degenerated into personal attacks on you. Nobody deserves that. CD7 didn't last year, and you don't now. I'm sorry it happened this way, I hope you'll be back, I hope everyone will act maturely on this board in the future. Drop me an e-mail if you ever want to chat about camp, if you find yourself missing this forum.
To everyone else, this is the internet. It is impossible to understand people's feelings, choices, or intentions in this medium. Please try not to assume things. Please try not to personally attack anyone. We all read and post here because we like hearing other people's stories and opinions. Don't drive anyone away.

This is my longest, most serious post here, because I really like this forum and I don't want to watch its decline. So don't let it!

Have a wonderful summer this year, all.

Meg

#15904 02/25/03 12:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I in no way has found anyones posts warped or whatever the term used was. Sure we all state our opinions, and at times, I know I have gone a bit overboard, who hasnt.
If I have made any personal attacks (which I dont think I have) I am certainly not apologizing, this is the year 2003, certainly we have all grown up and learned to take hard hits as they come. We all post in the spirit of the moment we are in. If that happnes to be not so happy and "fluffy" than so be it. I'm sorry that Canuck was offended, and left or whatever, but that was his decision, and it is nto up to us to play the violin for his departure. Sure his posts were great and will be missed, but I'm not gonna beg for him to come back. He's just takig time off. Now befre ya'll jump my sh*t. These are just my views. I respect you all completely and enjoy reading everyones posts, but c'mon. It's not the end of the world.
And as for Lois Lane when she said there are some posts that she completely skips over b/c of whoever wrote them. I'm not attacking, just asking why.
Jiff

#15905 02/25/03 03:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, there are just some people who either say the same basic thing on every topic, or who I already know what they think cuz I've been reading this for a year and a half. By now, I know a lot of who I agree with and who I don't. I like reading new perspectives...

#15906 02/25/03 04:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll add my two cents on this ...

First, I agree with those who are saying that we need to remember that there are people on the other side of these screen names, and we should not resort to personal attacks. Posts often lack tone and inflection, which may cause people to misunderstand the meaning or intention of the posts (we can only use smilies for some things). And I know that we do not all want to preface everything we post with "this is my opinion, don't judge me for having one" so we sometimes post with the assumption that we're all adults and will at least respect the fact that others have a right to their opinion. On that note, I agree that everyone should probably take a deep breath before responding to a post. However, I also know that we will get personal with our responses and that's probably not going to change (even with deep breaths!). But maybe it's just something to keep in the back of your mind.

As for Canuck leaving the board, you do what you've gotta do. However, I would like to say that I do not appreciate the suggestion that keeping other members happy is my (or anyone else's) responsibility.

I do hope that Canuck chooses to return to avid posting, but his leaving is not the end of the world, people.

#15907 03/29/04 08:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember this thread guys? Good times.

Love ya, Northwoods!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard