Rate Thread
Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my parents are slightly different. So they decided that the middle names of my brother and sister and myself would have to do with the different pathways of the truth. My middle name is Seeker, which means Sees the truth, my brothers is Walker, which means walks in the truth, and my sisters is Speakur which means speaks the truth. Kind of weird, but unique. I didn't like it when I was younger but I do know, it just takes explaining when people ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh!! Too many posts to read through after I've been without the internet for a week!

Here's the best I can do:
I'm 19, bithday is next Saturday (4/26)
Hobbies: Playing volleyball, having fun, throwing on campus parties
Fave Movies: Meatballs, Dirty Dancing and any disney movie!
My fave B&J flavor is Phish food

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by HikingGuru:
Here's a question: do any of ya'll watch american idol? (I'm obsessed) if you do, who should win?

I totally think Rueben should win! I really like his voice & he is from a town that is right by mine! But I really like him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by HikingGuru:

Here's a question: do any of ya'll watch american idol? (I'm obsessed) if you do, who should win?

CLAY ALL THE WAY!!! I love him soooo much. And he was also a camp counselor at a ymca camp.

My middle name is stacey... I'm not a big fan of it.

ANd I've never had ben and jerry's ice cream before. I'm not sure if you can get it in canada... so next time I'm in the US (may- I'm going to chicago!) I will try and find some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Idol ? --I agree with sparkle...clay all the way!! We have to represent the camp counselors!

Middle name is Marie

Hobbies- chruch, drama, singing, learning the guitar, reading, working with kids, i love anything in the outdoors...expecially camp and the beach!!

Fav ben and Jerry: the cookie dough...i forget what it is called though...i also like the dave matthews band flavor one world or something like that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're so close!!!

My middle name is Mary, and I've never tried any Ben & Jerry's ice cream... am I weird?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, oh, oh I thought of a new question!

What languages does everyone speak?

Besides English (duh) I speak French and I know some ASL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm in the boat with you Lois but with alittle variation. I obviously speak English, I know some French ( like if you drop me in the middle of France, I'd be ok ) and I know ASL.

FYI, my middle name is Elizabeth, I am 19, turning 20 at camp and heres my question...

What kind of food do you LOOOOOOVE but EVERYONE thinks your weird for eating?

My answer? EASY CHEESE AND RITZ CRACKERS!

Yes I eat cheese out of a can.

[This message has been edited by Fallenangelsbabi (edited April 22, 2003).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually like some kinds of baby food-- mostly the fruits. i think that might make me wierd.

But here's my thought from left field. Usually every once in a while the board gets quiet, and most of us don't contribute too much... anyone else notice that this topic (which when you figure in that this is a CAMP message board-isn't too substantial) is 'hoppin'? As well as the rest of the board. Maybe that's the secret... keep the substantial as well as the wacky! They help each other!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I speak english of course, and then Spanish pretty well. My nickname is Mel, real original, just a shortened version of my full name, Melanie. I have never had Ben and Jerry's before. Not a big ice cream person. Here's a question, whats everybody's major in college? I'm an elementary education major.

[This message has been edited by melon4382 (edited April 22, 2003).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I speak english (of course), spanish, italian, and romanian (yes, random) I am studying to be a ESL teacher so i have to know a variety of different languages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by helen:

Middle name's Louise. I dunno if it's the same where u guys are but i've found practically everybody's middle name is either Louise or Jane! I went to a girls' camp 2 years ago and they split us into teams alphabetically by our middle names and seriously about half the camp were either Louises or Janes. Strange!

My middle name's Anne. In my area it seems like everyone's middle name is either Ann(e) or Marie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I speak English (well being from Northern Ireland thats questionable sometimes!) and enough French to make myself understood but i can understand a lot more than i can speak.

Im at college in Scotland so we dont really do the whole major/minor thing. In 1st and 2nd year we do 3 subjects and choose in 3rd year what we want to keep on to honours level. I'm doing modern history, social anthropology and moral philosophy (possibly the most random subject in the world).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My middle name is Marie, and my last name has 12 letters in it!

My hobbies include.... guess what?? RIDING horses and doing anything that has anything to do with horses. I am also a musician French Horn is my primary instrument, but I also play fulte, trumpet, baritone and tuba. I like to watch birds and anything that has to do with nature. I dont watch any TV really, but I have lots of fav movies and lots of fav books, I also really love to read.

My fav Ben and Jer is Chubby Hubby.
Jiff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, where I'm from Marie is the dominate middle name, I'm not sure I knew any one else with Louise as a middle name before now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm still in high school (my last year - grade 13) and Next year I will be taking recreation and leisure studys at university. depending on which one I go to I may be specifically taking outdoor rec.

Oh and I can speak English and I understand and can speak a bit of french.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watch American Idol every once in a while, and my personal favorite is Ruben. He's huge!!!! My least favorite is Clay, his voice sounds good, but he makes the funkiest facial expressions while he sings.

I really can't believe how this topic has taken off. I was just curious ! I think this has also been a great "get to know you" topic. We really have learned a lot about each other. It's been fun.

Who's going to get #200?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by helen:
Im at college in Scotland so we dont really do the whole major/minor thing. In 1st and 2nd year we do 3 subjects and choose in 3rd year what we want to keep on to honours level. I'm doing modern history, social anthropology and moral philosophy (possibly the most random subject in the world).

Woohoo, another anthropologist! Where are you at uni? I'm in my second year at Durham.

I speak English (lol), French and German, although my French and German are a bit rusty.

asfcurly, thanks for telling us the story about your middle name - I really like names that have a special meaning. :-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my middle name is lynn.. around here everyone is either lynn, ann or marie..

wow! you've never seen the snow or the ocean! i live in jersey so i get the best of everything.. the jersey shore is the 2nd best place to be in the summer!! the 1st being CAMP!!

umm.. i would love to see england! i've never left the east coast of the usa.. also i would love to see the earth from space.. i think that must be soo cool and like only a few people have done it..

i don't really eat ben&jerry but i LOVE chocolate chip mint ice cream! yay!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DreamingOfTheLake:
[B] Woohoo, another anthropologist! Where are you at uni? I'm in my second year at Durham.

Im in 1st year at St Andrews. Anthropology is really weird right now but ive heard it gets better. We've just had the worst, most monotone lecturer for the last few weeks about magical speech. But we had a really cool lecturer last semester who looked like u know that alien in Men in Black that lands and takes over ppl's bodies. Yeah well it was pretty much like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by Golyek:
Yoda, I wouldn't want to be near any building or in a buidling. I'm talking about being in the middle of a super cushiony field of grass with nothing that can fall on top of me.

Does the ground itself hurt you? Or is it just the things around you that hurt you?

The ground can crack open and you could fall in.. I have heard of cars falling into cracks ... or like the Bay Bridge in SF. Also the 7.1 was so strong that as we were trying to get outside it was to hard to walk we were getting tossed into walls as we ran down the hallway for outside... In a period of 48 hours we had a. 6.5, 6.6, and a 7.1 which were all jerking earthquakes which shake back and forth, then there are earthquakes that are more like rolling kind of like being on a waterbed when someone is squirming around. Anyway no matter where you are the strong earth quakes are pretty scary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered