Rate Thread
#64415 12/07/05 01:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm planning staff training for this summer and need some examples of scenarios that staff can act out and learn from. Does anyone have any good ones they can share or know where there are a bunch listed? Thanks!

#64416 12/07/05 04:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-2 kids fighting
-homesick/kid who misses home
-campers refusing to clean the bunk
-campers refusing to play at an activity
-kid who is mean to a counselor
-a camper gets hurt
-campers who ask about sex
-just general mannerisms of kids...for example a kid who says "it wasn't me!" when you SAW her do something wrong

#64417 12/07/05 05:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hmm
-Campers who have an Eatind Disoder of elf harm issue
-Campers who get caught smoking(or your find smoking material in their bags)
-Differnt PDA issues
-Race/Religon conflict(s) between two or more campers
..that's all I can think of for now

#64418 12/07/05 09:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
umm
kid who's being abused at home
kid who's molesting other campers
kid who won't go to bed
kids who sneak out of cabin
that's all i can think of now.. yes these are serious and yes we had to role play these at my camp because of the type of kids who go there

#64419 12/07/05 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-bed wetting
-won't get out of bed in the morning
-always complaining & won't join in
-dealing with angry parents

#64420 12/07/05 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
along with the ones already stated:
-missing iteams (rather belonging to campers or staff. also campers accusing others of stealing)

-drama issues (you know girls fighting over a guy or vise versa and stuff like that)

-campers that are afraid of doing an activity or are afraid of certain animals you find at camp

i know there is more but i think of any more right now!

#64421 12/07/05 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides scenarios between campers, you might want to include scenarios between staff members as well. Something along the lines of two staff members disagreeing over how to handle a situation, how to handle personality conflicts between staff members, etc.

#64422 12/07/05 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Quote:
Originally posted by dontwannabeknown:
hmm
-Campers who have an Eatind Disoder of elf harm issue.
Elf Harming, is a serious offence at my camp, we don't take it lightly. \:D

The other I have that haven?t been mentioned yet are: Clingy Camper, Dirty Camper, Staff / Staff relations, #5 Enthusiasm (or should I say Lack of), and finally, the Bully Camper. Pieceofcake, pm or email me and I will send you the roll play scenarios I have.

#64423 12/07/05 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did these for the first time this summer and it was kind of fun. They had all the returning counselors act them out and the new counselors did not realize that they were just skits...they were done in real situations.
ex. we walk down a big hill to the dining hall and kids always run. they had three counselors stay at the top of the hill for a "meeting" and when the rest of us were half way down they came running and screaming toward us. One of them was supposed to trip and fall (none of them actually did...I don't blame them for not wanting to!) to show what can and does happen. Then we stopped and talked briefly about how to handle the situation.
some other examples were when kids drop their plates in the dinning hall and everyone applauds, loud conversations taking place at line up, etc, etc...
It was interesting to see what all they came up with!

#64424 12/07/05 06:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha Stan I meant Self-Harming Issues-gimme a break it was 2am! \:\(

#64425 12/07/05 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea I figured that what you meant; but I am serious, Elf Harming should be outlawed, especially with the holidays just around the bend! \:\)

#64426 12/07/05 10:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha-if you say so

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard