i always wanted a camp birthday!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh it was so much fun!

I liked going to day camp on my birthday-- I could see my camp friends AND be with my family.

I'm not sure how I'll deal with resident camp, if I do go, over my birthday. It would be kind of hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Camp birthdays are the best...sucks being born in November!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true that!

i don't even get a camp half-birthday!

poo november

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine's in March, and it's always been during spring break. Which, on one hand, is nice, since it's a week off to celebrate and all, but I never got to celebrate at school OR at camp. Plus, especially now in college, everyone's gone somewhere for the week, giving me really lonely parties. So sad. \:\)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, but it stinks because all of my friends have their drivers permits.. except me.

My sweet 16 is this summer and we can't decide what to do with it! I want to go to summer camp in June, my sister's dance camp is in July and our birthday is two days before Independence Day. It's sad sometimes when a lot of friends' can't attend parties because they're at their families picnics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that sucks!

If your sis is going to camp how come your mother wont let you go to camp! that seems unjust!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's always great when you can spend your birthday with camp people and they can sing your camp birthday song to you. Happens rarely, but is special when it does happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
camp birthday always seemed to be a lot of fun. the best thing about my camp is that the camp staff is actually rather small. so, we all get super ober close with everyone and we really dont have co-counselors...it gets mixed up weekly. and there are a couple of staff members whose birthdays are during camp, which make it a lot of fun for all of us. i got to make one of them present and the other one...we went out one night and celebrated. it was a lot of fun...

aww... reading this makes me miss camp sOooOOoOOOoo much. and accordining to my countdown, there are 149 days left, which is insanely long! the part that makes it even worse that I dont get to see anyone from camp the entire off season, or the camp, or the state, which I guess is similar to the vast majority of people here. It stinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so camp (home) sick right now. I am having mega, mega problems with my parents and my high school friends are filled with drama. I just so much want to even go to camp and just walk around for a bit or go see some of my camp friends some where to be reminded that it wasn't a dream and for a nice break. I wish we had a staff reunion, but since like 70% of us are international- it really wouldn't work. \:\( Hopefully, this spring will just fly by.

Good part- i am sending off my completed application tomorrow. so, hopefully, soon- I will have to go through the same routine phone interview. I can't wait for my phone interview. Awww... camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't wait... Camp Reunion is On Saturday.. so I can get my Camp nuttiness out. haha. But it's not going to be held AT camp.. so I still will be Home (camp) Sick..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
f
 Originally Posted By: twirlonwater
I am so camp (home) sick right now. I am having mega, mega problems with my parents and my high school friends are filled with drama. I just so much want to even go to camp and just walk around for a bit or go see some of my camp friends some where to be reminded that it wasn't a dream and for a nice break. I wish we had a staff reunion, but since like 70% of us are international- it really wouldn't work. \:\( Hopefully, this spring will just fly by.

Good part- i am sending off my completed application tomorrow. so, hopefully, soon- I will have to go through the same routine phone interview. I can't wait for my phone interview. Awww... camp!

I am sending you hugs cos I know how you feel! I dont even live in the same country as camp! and oh I miss it soooooooooo very much, like you and alot of camp counsellors home life isn't the greatest and i lived somewhere where I don't actually have any friends which makes it even harder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well my sister is a dancer on the dance team and they attend a 5-day overnight "camp" at a local college.

Yeah, very unfair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ah!!!!!!!!!!

I am really camp sick at the moment - i just cant wait for camp to be here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm camp sick too. More like so sick of high school drama I'd rather be at camp -- which i've never been to before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont miss high school drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but I do have to deal with family drama

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to deal with both high school and family drama. awww... camp!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
poor you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate drama.

Blahh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And unfortunately, last summer, there was a tiny bit of even camp drama. Didn't really affect me at all though, but it was quite evident.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were lucky last summer - what little drama we had was at the end of the summer, after the kids had left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better without the kids...too bad it had to happen at all. Always great to leave camp on a good note!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, we left on a pretty good note. However, it good have been better. Yet, it good always have been better at time. And, life is never perfect, why should camp be any different? Take the good and the bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See Ive never really had camp drama til this year... there was one session that really threw everyone in that program. Endangered the trip and everything. It wasn't good at all... But we got through it but another camper went home... crazy times... but in 10 years thats was the most I've seen but also I never pay attention cause I dont pick sides or get into fights or anything. But I really dislike High School Drama because that certainly cant be avoided. At the end of the day my Camp is always attacked because people know thats the most important to me. So that gets me MORE camp sick... \:\(

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard