Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hehe

Camp pranks are just the best - sadly people out side of camp dont usually see the funny side. These balloons were used to decorate during the 4th july celebration and then the CA and program director put the rest in the dreamworkers (camp volunteers - kids who want to come to camp but are too young for or dont want to do the CIT program) cabin, they then put them in tent city's (where the Ad staff lived) portapotty! The night before the men were coming to clean them!

Last edited by Smudge; 02/07/08 09:46 PM.
#84870 02/07/08 10:09 PM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
haha, nice!! We once went to breakfast to find some staffers sitting in the lifeguard chairs, which had been moved into the dining hall!! haha and other staffers brought them food!

We also had some staffers tie up the fun yaks to the lodge's porch so they were just hanging there! haha

My favorite one though, was at flag on the very last morning of CIT 2. It comes down during the closing ceremony for the parents on Sat morning and the CITs are the ones who do it each week. So, that week we made a flag that said CIT Grads, 2007, WoHeLo (WOrk HEalth, LOve- it's a Camp Fire thing) and all of our camp names on it. Once we took down the American and the CF flag we put up ours!! It was an amzing way to end CIT!

"I'm always pretty happy when I'm at camp with you!"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never saw and never did a camp prank! Not even when I was young. We never had them!

#84912 02/08/08 12:13 AM
M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
that is strange..... I saw the result of some pranks and they were innocent like hanging a counselors undeerwear from the flagpole

PM me if you want to sign up for the camp buddies for this summmer.
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
the underwear thing would creep me out. We have rules at camp for our Follies. You can't use camp supplies. You have to clean it up. No messing with other people's property.

Until that one with the CIT grads flag I had never participated in one either, and I don't have a real desire to do one again, but I might, depending on what it is and to whom they are doing it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did that at guide camp! We got one of our leaders bras and put it up the flag pole.

I think my fav prank of all time was putting a showerstall in the doorway of the program managers cabin and set it up with all their shower stuff. We had to carry the stall all the way across camp fro the vehicle barn to the cabin and it took about 10 of us!

#84988 02/08/08 04:58 PM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
wow, but nice!!! I like it! Our showers are not portable, so that wouldn't be something we could do, but our boats and lifeguard chairs are!! haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is an amazing prank. Congrats!

#85353 02/09/08 07:12 PM
M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
That prank seems like it tops the cake of all the pranks I seen or heard of

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
whose prank are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
 Originally Posted By: campkgurl
wow, but nice!!! I like it! Our showers are not portable, so that wouldn't be something we could do, but our boats and lifeguard chairs are!! haha

They had taken out 2 shower stalls and replaced them with a nice double wide disabled shower, and had foolishly left one of the old stalls in the vehicle barn - right across the road from the long house were we lived for most of pre-camp. It was too good an opportunity to pass up cos as soon as we did one prank during pre-camp they were banned!

Last summer our boats did end up travelling camp.

Last edited by Smudge; 02/09/08 08:13 PM.
#85378 02/09/08 08:25 PM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
I get it now! crazy people- thinking they could leave an old shower stall and think that it stay right where it was put! haha

Boats certainly do travel well and far! haha

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
exactly - they knew what we were like!

The best thing was that although it was my idea and I was actually involved in the prank - few people other than those involved guessed i was involved and there reaction when they found out was classic!

#85385 02/09/08 08:34 PM
M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
wow it doesnt seem like you would be involved in something like that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is the fun of it!

butter wouldn't melt in my mouth! or would it?

#85392 02/09/08 08:40 PM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
haha, I know what you mean though! no one would ever accuse me of being involved in a prank! It is amazing!! I like how this thread went from worst camp stories to some of the best!! haha

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I love how stuff like this happen

More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
yeah, it is kind of fun, but sometimes a thread needs to just be dropped because it has been discussed to the max and there is nothing else to say so then we have pages worth of posts that don't mean anything to the newbie who wanted answers or to discuss the actual topic. oh well, it isn't going to work very well I don;t think! That;s alright though I guess, though discussing totally non-camp realted stuff on the forums sometimes gets me since it is supposed to be all about camp at least!

M
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
M
I understand about that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have had a few interesting co-counselors.
One was a Russian model and refused to get out of bed before 7.20 despite the fact that I would be getting up and 6.30 to prepare for the day and get the kids up at 7. We had to walk the kids to the bathroom at night because there was a cougar on camp ground but she refused to get up in the middle of the night so I was up several times a night doing this and sometimes looking after homesick campers. They all ended up disliking her and only coming to me anyway. She was very very lazy and dirt was not something she allowed near her!
Another time I had just had to go and have an ingrown toenail dug out and was totally drugged up and in pain and my co allowed the girls to have all their wet towels in the cabin. She then hid under a sheet and got the girls to call me in and ask me if I liked her. Luckily I twigged what was going on after spying the quivering sheet in the corner. Later she rigged up ropes in the cabina dn hung a doll by its neck in the entrance and called it her voodoo doll. I had a couple of rather scared younger campers on my hands that day. It was a bit of a mixed age group with some 11-12 year olds and some 14-15 year olds due to a mess up of programs. I celled my CD and she came and sorted things out and the girl was fired. I didn't deal with it in the best way and I could have stopped things before they got as far as they did if I had been totally on form but I really wasn't that week.

#85949 02/13/08 06:30 PM
More than 3,000 posts
More than 3,000 posts
yeah I hate having to deal with all the staff stuff, but sadly it is part of camp and some of the staff are the most amazing people ever! Others just need to realize that it isn't their thing. If you are going to work at a summer camp you have to give it your all or get out so that you can find soemthing you wantto do and the camp can find someone who wants to be withthe campers and doesn;t mind a little dirt. It is fine with me if you want to shower every day, but it is not ok at summer camp to be afraid of the tiniest piece of dirt unless that summer camp is inside all the time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay... the prank thing got me to thinking of a hilarious chain of events from last summer!

So, during the last session I was in a unt with 2 other programs and 2 sets of counselors. One of the counselors on our day off before the beggining of the session brought this couch she had found at a garage sale to our cabin unit.

During our staff meeting, the ACD and CD told whoever was resposible that the couch needed to be gone before the girls got there in 1 hour. So, the counselors hid it behind a cabin.

That night the couch "grew" 12 pairs of legs and left the unit. It was found the next day in the teepees and moved again.

The CD came to me and asked me where it had gone. I honestly did not know.

During the week, that group constantly "picketed". Their theme was "Keep the Couch".

So, 2 nights before the end of the session at dinner, we here all the girls laughing from flag. Us counslors had already gone up to the lodge for dinner and didn't know what was going on.

All of a sudden, here comes the camp truck with a flat trailer on the back. And on tied to that was a living room scene with the ACD, CD, Nurse, and Program Director sitting on it.

It had a tv, chair, cooler, table, and last but not least, THE couch.

It was hilarious!

However, we couldn't let the AD Staff beat us.

So, the last night at dinner, we managed to get all of the girls to go to flag as usual, but then slowly walk on to the trail near there. We hid all the camp on the trail. Then, after the dinner bell had rung, we had another staff, pretending. come to dinner from her 2hr break and radio the director asking if dinner was somewhere else.

The AD Staff was in the offices and immediately came to the lodge to see what was up. When they radioed us to find out what was going on, we sang camp songs. They finally found us , after about 15 mins, and I was the first one they saw but didn't think I was the one who had organized it. They tried to scold us, but we knew they were cool with it.

It wasn't until the staff party that they found who had really planned everything!!!!

#85958 02/13/08 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, sorry about the long post, but I loved that session and everything soooooo much!

#85960 02/13/08 08:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sounds like alot of fun!

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  tom 

Link Copied to Clipboard