I think banning songs because someone somewhere in the world constues them as offensive is a travesty of justice. I know as a child some of my favorite songs were songs that are now banned at my camp. The Titanic song was my favorite. It still is my favorite. Charlottestown is burning down, the buffalo song, also the third verse of Desperado: "he went to coney island just to take in all the sights, he saw the hoochie coochie and the girls in purple lights, he got so darn excited that he shot out all the lights" whoa dirty. But when I was a child, I sang these songs blindly and never thought anything of it. I never even knew what hoochie coochie was. Songs like that are tradition I think banning them is robbing children nowadays of the joy of being a kid.

I think that banning songs because you just get tired of hearing them is ridiculous. I was told that the Bubblegum song was banned one summer, but really it was because someone was tired of hearing it. I taught it anyway. I don't think that children that come late in the summer should have to suffer just because the kids at the beginning of the summer already sang that song a bunch. Aren't we getting paid to suffer for these children?