Banned songs from the 3 resident camps I have worked at the last 5 summers:
- Titanic
- Bubble Gum (though, I really love that song.)
- Little Sally Walker
- "They say Camp Concord..." I personally got this one re-banned, after a friend of mine and I found it in one of the song books. It basically pokes fun at every aspect of the camp, which is the worst camp I have ever worked at. My director put a ban on it real quick, but not before a couple of my girls had been flipping through the song book and remembered the song from when they were younger, before the director was there...let's just say hilarity ensued, and I had to mock-up some disgust and astonishment that anyone would sing that song. I was laughing on the inside, though.
- Georgie
- The last verse or so of the Crawdad song

Has anyone ever had skits banned? At the camp I was at last year, I guess there was this "mint milkshake" skit the year before that made some kid throw up, so it got banned forever. Another camp I worked at banned "Hole in My Bucket" (an acting-out of the irritating song), as well as Guava Hunt, because both skits kept getting dragged out and no one was paying attention at campfire anymore.
I can't imagine "One Tin Soldier" being banned. That's just going too far. You have to take it in context, and since the song is about peace and friendship, I don't think the whole song should be banned because of one line with the word "bloody."